A. ABOUT US
Why to choose A.K. Vidyamandir for preparing for competitive examinations?
A.K. Vidyamandir is a premier institute of North India, having an impeccable track record of superb performance of its students in the most prestigious Competitive Examinations in Engineering and Medical streams since inception. Thousands and thousands of its students have got admissions in top Engineering and Medical colleges at National and State levels, scoring high scores, including top ranks after getting trained from A.K. Vidyamandir and most of them are holding positions of great responsibility and respect in their chosen fields of specialization.
How easy it is to reach A.K. Vidyamandir?
(1) A.K. Vidyamandir is ideally located in the heart of Chandigarh - The City Beautiful.
(2) Location:Corporate Office SCO 214, Sector 36-D, Chandigarh
(3) Easy accessibility from all locations of the tricity i.e. Chandigarh, Panchkula, Mohali and also from Other neighbouring places.
(4) Easy availability of all modes of public and private transport.
B. ADMISSION PROCEDURE
What is the procedure for getting admission in A.K. Vidyamandir?
(1) Get the Information Brochure and Admission Form relevant to the coaching module you like to join, from the institute office. Read it carefully and be familiar with the Rules and Regulation of the Institute.
(2) Fill in the admission form giving all the particulars, duly signed by you and your parents/guardians.
(3) Submit the completed application form along with three copies of latest photograph along with fees payable in cash or DD (Favoring "A.K. Vidyamandir" payable at Chandigarh) to institute office at the time of taking admission.
(4) Seat can be reserved by the students by paying a registration fee of Rs. 1,000/- in the institute office along with duly completed admission form and three copies of photograph. The registration fee is adjustable in the total fees. At some centers registration fee may be Rs. 500/-.
What type of information is made available to students/parents during counseling session ?
The information provided is regarding:
(1) The courses coaching modules available at A.K. Vidyamandir
(3) Study Material
(4) Competitive Examinations and Eligibility criteria
(5) Infrastructure facilities provided
(6) Fee structure
(7) Rewards and Scholarships
(8) Hostels and PG accommodation
(9) Transport facility
(10) The Admission Procedure
(11) Rules and Regulations
C. ORGANIZATIONAL SET-UP and COURSES AVAILABLE
A.K. Vidyamandir is having its organizational set up as follows: It is having its Corporate Office at SCO: 214, Sector 36-D, Chandigarh. Besides, AKV has a number of its own (Not franchisees) study centers.
ENGINEERING WING : This wing is intended exclusively for preparing the students for various Engineering Entrance Examinations like IIT- JEE, AIEEE at National level and the Entrance Examinations conducted by other prestigious institutes across the country.
(1) 2 - Year Class-room Contact Programme: For + 1 studying students
(2) 1- Year Class-room Contact Programme : For + 2 studying students
(3) 1- Year DROPPER BATCH: For + 2 pass students (Preparing students for IIT - JEE & AIEEE)
(4) Fast Track Programme : For + 2 Appearing / Pass students ( Preparing students for AIEEE)
(5) Weekend Batches : For + 1 & + 2 studying students ( On Saturdays & Sundays)
MEDICAL WING: This Wing is intended for preparing the students exclusively for various entrance Examination in the Medical stream viz. CBSE (PM/PD), AIIMS, AFMC, MGIMS ( Wardha), Manipal and State PMTs.
Medical stream courses are also available at our Ambala and Bathinda Centres only in addition to our Medical Wing at Chandigarh.
(1) 2- Year Class-room Contact Programme: For + 1 studying students
(2) 1-Year Class-room Contact Programme: For + 2 studying students
(3) 1-Year Dropper Batch: For + 2 pass students (preparing students for CBSE PM/PD, AIIMS, AFMC, MGIMS Wardha, Manipal and state PMTs).
(4) FAST TRACK PROGRAMME: for + 2 Appearing/Pass students (preparing for various Medical Entrance Examinations)
(5) Weekend Batches: For + 1 and + 2 studying students ( on Saturdays & Sundays)
FOUNDATION WING : It aims at imparting coaching to students of;
(1) Class IX and X
(2) Subjects taught : Science and Mathematics
(3) Boards covered: CBSE and State Boards.
(4) Medium of Instructions: English
• To make rock solid foundation and thorough grasp of Science and Mathematics.
• Preparing students for X Boards and to give sufficient exposure to the type of upcoming Entrance Examinations in Engineering / Medical streams after their XII Boards.
AKV's STUDY CENTRES: A.K.Vidyamandir is credited with having a number of its own (Not franchisees) Study Centres at various prominent locations like Amritsar, Jallandhar, Ludhiana , Ambala Cantt , and Bathinda where a large number of students are getting the benefit of AKV's expert coaching. Highlights
(1) Own Study Centres (Not Franchisees) at Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Ambala and Bathinda
(2) AKV's expert faculty
(3) AKV's Super Study Material (regularly updated)
(4) Excellent infra-structural facilities
(5) Regular tests and feedback to parents / guardians
(6) Overwhelming response from students.
AKV's ALL INDIA TEST SERIES CENTRES: A.K.Vidyamandir has about 30+ centers for conducting its "All India Test Series" (AITS) for the benefit of the students. Uninterrupted participation of students in the Tests in "AITS" gives them regular practice for success in Entrance Examinations.
Location: Information Center, SCO-348-349. Sector 34-A, First Floor. Chandigarh
Pacesetter is the most prominent enterprise of A.K.Vidyamandir, which excels in imparting top quality coaching and prepares students for various management B-school Entrance Examinations including the most prestigious CAT, XLRI, MAT etc. During a short span of 2 years of its existence Pacesetter has exhibited superb performance, as a large number of its students have received calls from top B-Schools across the country.
Under this programme, AKV faculty has tie-up with schools. Essential features are :
(1) A.K.Vidyamandir faculty takes classes instead of the regular teachers of the school.
(2) The teaching is done in school premises itself.
(3) Classes: XI and XII.
(4) Subjects : Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
(5) Preparation: Simultaneous preparation for XII Boards and IIT-JEE.
(6) Timings: During normal working hours of schools.
This set up provides sufficient time to students for self-study after their school hours. They are not required to get any further coaching.
A.K. Vidyamandir is having highly learned and dedicated faculty members who are having long experience in the field of academics and wealth of knowledge, are experts par excellence in their respective subjects. They are always available to provide maximum support to students in achieving their cherished goals. The selection of these teachers is done through a rigorous process, which has many stages. Only those who pass the criteria of selection, are selected as faculty members in the long run. This is the reason why the students always prefer coaching from AKV. In this regard AKV has on edge over its contemporaries.
A.K. Vidyamandir has been exhibiting exemplary performance since its inception in 1997. A very large number of its students get selected securing very high ranks including top ranks every year in various Entrance Examinations and AKV is surpassing its own performance record year after year and its career graph is soaring higher and higher. It will be worth mentioning that those students, who could not get selected in their earlier attempts in any Competitive Examination, got selected in the most prestigious Competitive Examination after getting coaching from A.K. Vidyamandir. They extend their warm compliments to AKV for shaping their careers. The students are fully convinced that it is ONLY AKV on whom they can rely for result oriented coaching.
E.TEACHING AND TESTING METHODOLOGY
A.K. Vidyamandir imparts coaching to students giving special stress on fundamentals of each topic and each unit, throughout the session. Students are provided clear concepts of the subject. Every effort is made to prepare the students simultaneously for XII Boards (for class XI and XII students) and for various Entrance Examinations like IIT-JEE, AIEEE and others in Engineering stream and CBSE (PM/PD), AIIMS, AFMC, MGIMS (Wardha), Manipal and at state level PMTs in Medical Stream.
AKV holds regular Class Tests after completion of Topic/Unit followed by their evaluation by subject experts. The tests are discussed threadbare in class rooms. Problem / Doubt removal sessions are frequently held. A regular feedback is provided to parents / guardians regarding the progress of the student in the tests and their attendance. It is to the credit of AKV that personal interaction of students with AKV authorities or faculty members is held whenever called for.
The tests range from "Topic Test", "Unit Test" "Phase Test" and finally the "MOCK TEST" at the end of session. It is ensured that the Pattern of Test and syllabus should be in conformity with the latest requirements stipulated by the relevant Board as well as the Entrance Examination. These tests provide exposure to the student and the feel how a real Board or Entrance Examination may be like. Regular practice sharpens their talents, hones their skills and enhances their problem solving capabilities.
Approx 40-60 students are accommodated in a batch.
Salient features of AKV's study Material are.
(1) It is the outcome of the dedicated efforts of AKV's R & D. Wing and the subject experts.
(2) It is regularly updated as per the latest syllabi and the pattern of examination conducted by different boards as well as various Entrance Examinations authorities, both in Engineering and Medical streams.
(3) Separate study Material is developed for IIT – JEE and AIEEE syllabi & pattern.
(4) Home Assignments, special notes. MCQs (single and more than one choice) comprehension, Analytical Ability, Numericals (solved and unsolved).
A.K. Vidyamandir provides state-of-the-art infrastructural facilities to its students, the salient amongst those are as follows:
(1) Well furnished and equipped spacious class rooms with air conditioning facilities.
(2) Well equipped library. The library is located in Sector 36-D and has a large number of subject books and also for Entrance Examinations. These are written by eminent Indian as well as foreign authors. AKV also subscribes to various science journals..
(3) A spacious air-conditioned reading room where students can engage themselves in serious study in their spare time.
(Note: A very nominal fee is charged from the students for availing the library facility).
H. HOSTEL / PAYING GUEST FACILITY
To take care of such students, A.K. Vidyamandir provides decent hostel accommodation at affordable rates. The number of seats is limited and is allotted on first-come-first-served basis. If no accommodation is available in the institute hostels, the Paying Guest accommodation (separate for boys and girls) is arranged in the Sector in which institute is located or in the nearest sector.
I. TRANSPORT FACILITY
Yes. A.K. Vidyamandir is having a large fleet of its own buses. The areas covered are Chandigarh, Panchkula, Mohali, Zirakpur, Baltana, Kalka, Parwanoo etc. The buses ply on fixed routes and pick up and drop the students on scheduled stoppages along the fixed routes. The students are required to ascertain the route and the timings from the institute office. Charges for travel in these buses are nominal. THIS FACILITY CANNOT BE CLAIMED AS A RIGHT.
J. INSTITUTE TIMINGS
As the institute has many batches to run, there will be different timings for different batches. In any case students are advised to confirm it from institute office about the timings
K. SCHOLARSHIPS/ REWARDS
It has always been the guiding principle of A.K. Vidyamandir to honour the meritorious students with scholarships / rewards commensurate with their performance level. Scholarships are awarded to such students in the form of concession in tuition fee in the event of their enrollment in A.K. Vidyamandir. Students are advised to contact the institute office at the time admission for ascertaining their eligibility and the quantum of scholarship admissible
L. ENTRANCE EXAMINATION INFORMATION & SENDING OF ADMISSION FORMS
The advertisements containing details of various Entrance Examination conducted by various Boards, Authorities, Institutes, Universities across the country are inserted in almost all the national dailies and are also available on their respective websites. A.K. Vidyamandir on its part tries its very best to keep the students informed about these examinations, but it is primarily the students' own responsibility to keep track of these advertisements and arrange for getting the prospectus and application form and its submission at the earliest after completing all the formalities.
No. It is students own responsibility to ensure whether or not is eligible.
M. GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL SYSTEM
The working of A.K. Vidyamandir is totally transparent, and as such normally there is no grievance. Every effort is made to ensure that the students are provided the very best and they perform their very best. If despite all this there is any grievance, the aggrieved party is welcome to discuss the problem with the AKV officials who would try to sort out the matter. If the matter remains unresolved at this level the aggrieved party may meet the Director with prior appointment, who will take the necessary decision after weighing all the pros and cons of the matter.